23 January 2007

Sigh....



In the last week I have managed to fall off the ladder to the attic (resulting in a bruised bum), slip and fall on an icy patch near the entrance to my building (resulting in a bruised cheekbone, bruised hip, and separated ribs), AND pour boiling water on my hand while attempting to fill a hot water bottle (resulting in a relatively small but very painful second degree burn). Needless to say, I am having a rough time of it! Fortunately, my cheek is pretty well healed, and other than the bandages on my hand, nothing else is visible when I'm fully dressed, so I don't look as pitiful as it sounds.

Below is a picture of my lovely burn. It doesn't look too bad in the photo, though. The discolored spot in the red area to the left was actually a blister earlier - the blister is gone now, but the skin-shell is still there which makes the discoloration. The palm side of my had looks similar, but no blisters. Also, my thumb has a few splash spots (they don't really show up very well) and blister on it, but I didn't want to take the band-aid off for the photo because it's the only one I had left...

No comments: